Just as I swallow my last gulp my memory kicks into super fast forward. Now I remember it was not the amount of liquid it was the taste, or the after taste, or heck it was just how bad the stuff really is that hit my like a ton of dead fish. I was going to need to drink eight more glasses of this crap. Could I do it? Could I force myself to drink seven more glasses of such terrible stuff. Oh no, why oh why, did the doctor need to prescribe this medicine. I thought of calling the doctor but realized he would have left the office by this time. I kept thinking about what I could do. As I thought and worried my alarm went off.

Oh no it was time for another glass of the crap. I poured the stuff into my glass and lifted it to my mouth. Could I do it again and again I thought. Well, I had starved myself all day, I paid for the medicine and it only had a shelf life of one day, so again I drank the terrible tasting stuff. I did this two more times and then it was time for me to drink sixteen ounces of water. I was not sure but I was not going to give up now I was almost half way through the prep. I drank and the water tasted great. Wow the next thing I knew was that I had downed all sixteen ounces. I could drink a gallon of liquid I only had trouble drinking that terrible tasting crap. Thank God I had finished the first liter of medicine so l now had a two-hour break before I had to start my final liter of medicine.

During this two-hour break from drinking the horrible medicine Marti came home. I quickly told her all about the terrible liquid medicine and how difficult it was to drink the first liter. I went on to explain that I was just half way through the process and I had another liter to go. Only when I drank another liter would I complete process. She sounded very understanding and consoled me in this my time of need. Feeling better that I had someone on my side I next told her all about my hunger. Again, her words were comforting and she was most understanding. Then it happened again and the alarm went off. Oh no it was time to start the process all over again.

After four more miserable times with each one worst than the last time I realized that I was done. Truly it is the worst tasting stuff in the whole world. I was now drinking my last sixteen ounces of water. The water just as before went down smoothly. I was so happy that it was finally over. Thinking just how lucky I was to have completed this vile medical process my nose picked up the odor of food. I sniffed the air. Yes it was food in fact it smelled like Tuna. I was now hungry all over again. Where was that wonderful odor coming from? I followed my nose and there right in front of my eyes was Marti fixing a Tuna melt sandwich and it was with cheese. How could she be making something so delicious when I was so hungry. She said that she had not eaten dinner so she choose to made herself a Tuna melt with cheese.

Is that any reason to tease my tummy with something as exquisite as a Tuna melt. My hunger flared and the next thing I knew was that I asked her if she was going to made me one as well. She politely reminded me that I could not eat until sometime after the test tomorrow. I look and I took a deep smell of the sandwich. It looked perfect and its order teased my tummy. In fact I do not think anything could smell or look so good with me feeling the way I felt right now. I was ready to pick up the sandwich and take a giant bite. Then it struck. The vile tasting medicine had begun to work. I ran to the bathroom.